Monday, May 6, 2013

Red Chair Jigsaw Quilt

I call this the "Red Chair Quilt," because it's the quilt top on the red rocking chair pictured at the top of my quilting blog.  It's made from a jelly roll of French General fabric.  It's the first quilt I ever made (pieced) and it has been sitting unfinished for over a year in my sewing room.  I was at a loss as to how to quilt it.  Or if I even knew how.  I made this quilt before I had a long arm machine - and really didn't know what I was doing even with my sewing machine.  Reading the pattern for this thing was like reading Greek....... I had to youtube all sorts of tutorial videos just to get it done.  I felt like such a moron.   So when I finished it I was so proud :)  And then it sat there.....for what seemed like a long time......until I knew what to do with it.  
So now it's finished and these are the pictures :)  I really love it.  
It's my best work so far on this quilting journey. 



{my first attempt at "ruler work"}





{tons of tiny swirls in between each jigsaw triangle - and lots more ruler work}








I love quilting :)


2 comments:

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Beautiful quilt, and love your quilting!

Unknown said...

Rattan Sandalye Ertonga Ev Bahçe Ofis Mobilyalari , Cafe, Avm, kamu kurum mobilyalari daha fazlasi için websitemizi ziyaret ediniz. plastik rattan mobilyalar ile tüm bahçe, veranda, teras, havuz, balkon mobilyalarini dünya markasi olan üretici firmalardan ithal ederek, bu magazalarindan toptan veya parekende olarak satisini yapmaktadir. Aradiginiz ürünü hemen bulun, inceleyin, kolayca satin alin!

Post a Comment

 
© Tiffany Quilts