Monday, May 6, 2013

Red Chair Jigsaw Quilt

I call this the "Red Chair Quilt," because it's the quilt top on the red rocking chair pictured at the top of my quilting blog.  It's made from a jelly roll of French General fabric.  It's the first quilt I ever made (pieced) and it has been sitting unfinished for over a year in my sewing room.  I was at a loss as to how to quilt it.  Or if I even knew how.  I made this quilt before I had a long arm machine - and really didn't know what I was doing even with my sewing machine.  Reading the pattern for this thing was like reading Greek....... I had to youtube all sorts of tutorial videos just to get it done.  I felt like such a moron.   So when I finished it I was so proud :)  And then it sat there.....for what seemed like a long time......until I knew what to do with it.  
So now it's finished and these are the pictures :)  I really love it.  
It's my best work so far on this quilting journey. 



{my first attempt at "ruler work"}





{tons of tiny swirls in between each jigsaw triangle - and lots more ruler work}








I love quilting :)


1 comments:

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Beautiful quilt, and love your quilting!

Post a Comment

Follow my Blog by Email

 
© Tiffany Quilts